Performing Under Pressure: The Science of Emotional Intelligence Workshop
Why do smart people fail? Why do technically brilliant individuals have trouble managing others and collaborating on a team? It is not because they lack intelligence or technical skills. Far from it. What they lack is a critical level of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and the ability to manage their own emotions and others’ when they are under pressure.
Whether you are a formal manager or want to increase your individual performance (or both), this program will teach you the foundational principles and brain science of Emotional Intelligence (EI). You will become a student of human behavior: understanding what your brain does under pressure and how that affects your decision making and the impact you have on others. Performing Under Pressure: The Science of Emotional Intelligence Workshop will provide you with an engaging experience based on the powerful and practical applications of three core competencies of emotional intelligence. This program will serve to enhance your personal leadership skills and assist you and others to achieve your/their greatest potential.
The Brain Performance Institute is proud to host The Science of Emotional Intelligence workshop delivered by Sue Krautkramer from the Institute for Health and Human Potential (IHHP). IHHP is a research-based training company and has been a leader in Emotional Intelligence for over twenty years. It’s a scientific fact that emotions precede thought. When emotions run high, they change the way our brains function, diminishing our cognitive abilities, decision-making powers, and even interpersonal skills.
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 and Friday, October 4, 2019
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Price: $1,495* (includes breakfast and lunch both days and the Emotional Intelligence EI360™ Assessment)
At the end of the two days you will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence and its value - personally and professionally.
- Recognize the power of emotion and how it impacts leadership potential.
- Describe the brain science that drives emotional behavior.
- Increase self-awareness through personal EI360 results.
- Employ strategies to skillfully manage emotions when you are under pressure.
- Practice techniques to connect with the emotions that drive the behavior of others.
- Create an actionable plan to reach personal leadership goals.
Emotional Intelligence EI360™ Assessment
This workshop includes the EI360™ Assessment. The EI360™ Assessment is a web-enabled, multi-evaluator tool that offers a powerful way to assess individual strengths and developmental needs in the core competencies of Emotional Intelligence (EI). The purpose of the assessment is to enable the participant to receive honest feedback that will provide them with a place to open dialog and begin their developmental journey. This Assessment is confidential. Your results will not be shared with your manager or your organization, it is for your development only.
Sue Krautkramer, Senior Consultant at The Institute for Health and Human Potential — Sue brings a powerful package of expertise to her role at IHHP that includes practical business experience in management and sales, 20 years of working with Fortune 500 companies, facilitation, instructional design, program development and coaching as well as being a life-long learner. Her unique brand of facilitating combines common sense, academic knowledge, practical application, a passion for people and a drive to create results. When working with any individual or group, Sue’s goal is to help people see the possibilities, understand the potential, equip them with knowledge and challenge them.
*Cancellation & Substitution Policy
A substitute attendee can be sent at no charge prior to 21 days before the program, provided the 360 assessment has not yet been started. Should the alternate cancel at any time, the registration fee will be forfeited.
Cancellation 21 days or more before the start date:
- 100% refund minus $150 cancellation fee - In the event that the original participant has already started the 360 assessment, the refund will be limited to $850.
- If you wish to make a registrant substitution and the original participant has already started the EI 360 assessment, there will be an additional charge of $450 in order to have a new assessment completed.
Cancellation less than 21 days before start date
- No Refund. No substitutions.